Compatability

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Re: Compatability

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 am

Would like to have a compatibility list but I'd prefer if we don't have one just anyone can modify. Was planning on using this thread to get reports to push on to the list after they've been reviewed.

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:20 am

Thats a lot of work for just you and/or your staff. But then again, I can see why you wouldnt want just anyone to be able to edit your list.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:46 am

BortzANATOR wrote:Thats a lot of work for just you and/or your staff. But then again, I can see why you wouldnt want just anyone to be able to edit your list.
Yeah it is a lot of work, I think we'll need help with this :/ Anyone interested?

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 am

Exophase wrote:
BortzANATOR wrote:Thats a lot of work for just you and/or your staff. But then again, I can see why you wouldnt want just anyone to be able to edit your list.
Yeah it is a lot of work, I think we'll need help with this :/ Anyone interested?
I could help out. I love this project and for the time being i should be able to help.

hippocrew

Post by hippocrew » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Tried a few different games.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Player 5

Fully Playable: Pokémon Black (for those having issues make sure to extract the .nds file, it was crashing when I had it in a .zip file), Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Jump Ultimate Superstars, One Piece Gigant Battle, Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, Fifa 11, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (will need to get further is some games though such as Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks).

Lag/Crash: Pokémon Heart Gold: Game crashes when exiting from tunnels in between routes/cities.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn: Game itself was very slow and glitchy, waited until the gameplay but was still very slow.

Dragonball Kai - Ultimate Butoden: When there is heavy action on the screen the game lags significantly.

Games that don't boot: Pokémon Conquest: Decided to try this as I hadn't played it before, tried two different ROMs and nothing loaded (.zip and .nds also)

One Piece Gigant Battle 2: Same as above.
Last edited by hippocrew on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkDoomguy

Post by DarkDoomguy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Device: Nexus 7 - Tegra 3
Settings: I am using Scale 2x filter, Auto frameskip set to 4. Multithread 3D rendering is OFF.

Game title: Ace Attorney series (including Investigations).
Report: Runs perfectly, no complaints.

Game title: Advance Wars Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict).
Report: Perfect speed, however several graphical glitches on the world map (mission select), and in-battle (Attacking/Defending CO bars are swapped, sometimes with backgrounds, extremely confusing; also unit animation glitches when selecting a unit, e.g. tank unit).

Game title: Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon
Report: Perfect speed, but graphical glitches when selecting and moving units.

Game title: Disgaea DS
Report: Runs perfectly, although I suspect black bars under characters in-battle have to be coloured (maybe hp bars?).

Game title: Advance Wars Dual Strike.
Report: Works flawlessly.

Game title: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
Report: Major slowdown during Bowser sections, lag in-battle, graphical glithes (bugged A,B,X,Y moving icons, invisible damage numbers).

Game title: Pokemon Black 2.
Report: All attempts to exit first Pokemon centre resulted in crashes, saving game in-game in centre and trying to load crashes the game. Thus, it is unplayable. The framerate is good though, never drops below 100% for more than a fraction of a second.

Game title: Elite Beat Agents.
Report: Works perfectly.

Game title: Geometry Wars Galaxies.
Report: Works perfectly, though controlling it with both buttons and touchscreen is kinda hard.

Game title: N+.

Game title: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
Report: Major framerate drops when entering/exiting battles, also stuttering in-battle, which can screw up your attacks/counterattacks.

Game title: Worms Open Warfare 2.
Report: Top screen flashing in game menu, combined with graphical glitches (same top screen), renders the game unplayable. The framerate is perfect though.

Game title: Kirby Super Star Ultra.
Report: Everythong is perfect.

Game title: Super Mario 64 DS.

Game title: Mario Cart DS .
Report: Once again, works perfectly.

Game title: New Super Mario Bros.
Report: Works perfectly, even on cutscenes.

Game title: Yoshi's Island DS.

Game title: The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass.
Report: Works just fine.

Game title: The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks.
Report: This one actually uses frameskip on intro cutscene. It is the first game to do so. Other than that, everything runs just fine.

Game title: Chrono Trigger.

Game title: Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow.
Report: Works really well.

Game title: The World Ends With You.
Report: Runs fine, but you can see the screen flash and show different pictures during animated cutscenes. Not sure if bug, or just the way it is.

Game title: Hotel Dusk - Room 215.
Report: Several graphical bugs and glitches render the game unplayable, unfortunately. The screens are partially switched, too.

The list will be constantly updated with new games as I test them, stay tuned for more info.

P.S. DraStic already has 1000+ downloads on Google Play. Congratulations! :ds:
P.P.S. TPB is all over DraStic. Lol! :lol:
Last edited by DarkDoomguy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:18 am, edited 17 times in total.

Jerry2215

Post by Jerry2215 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Game Title: Pokemon Black/White
Device: Xperia Z / Xperia Tablet Z / Xperia Play
Report: Working great, just some graphical issues here and there but the game plays great. Bit laggy on Xperia Play, as expected.

Game Title: Pokemon Black/White 2
Report: Starts fine, plays great BUT the game hangs when you exit the Pokemon screen where you can switch the order of your Pokemon. Pokemon switching only works using the PC in the Pokecenter... Tested with 2 different roms.

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:30 pm

I most interested in testing the games that have high graphical demand. Ones that use both screens at once for 3D graphics, heavy sprite work, or lots of data crunching in the background...

I wonder how Bangia-O would run.

Veskit2k

Post by Veskit2k » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Device: Galaxy S4

Game: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!
Almost playable. Runs flawlessly in game but the menu screen does not display icons. You can still select the icons by pressing the empty space though.

hippocrew

Post by hippocrew » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Game Title: Pokemon Black/White 2
Report: Starts fine, plays great BUT the game hangs when you exit the Pokemon screen where you can switch the order of your Pokemon. Pokemon switching only works using the PC in the Pokecenter... Tested with 2 different roms.
Had the same issue with Pokemon B/W 2, this also happens when you use items on Pokemon.