Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Jay Haru
Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 am

Fabstic wrote:
Jay Haru wrote: as for the question on corruption, it usually corrupts when you load a savestate that sees an ingame save that happens before that. and example would be if you have an ingame save inside e4 building then you loaded a savestate where you are outside. the system would be confused as it is impossible (on a regular ds) and would treat it as corrupt.
So it's actually impossible for me to get further than the Elite Four? I also tried to let myself defeated by Lance so I got back out of the Elite Four Building again. Maybe there is something else I can do in this way? That the damage will be fixed if it sees that I'm out of the building??
no, what i mean is that if you try to load a save state that was before a good ingame save, your next ingame save will be corrupt.
Behold my mighty

Fabstic

Post by Fabstic » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:17 am

Jay Haru wrote: no, what i mean is that if you try to load a save state that was before a good ingame save, your next ingame save will be corrupt.
So there is no solution?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Could you be much more clear? Ingame saves (dsv) are the ones getting corrupt and not savestates (dss).
Behold my mighty

msa12345

Post by msa12345 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:44 am

I am extremely confused on how to do this
here is what I did:
erase non working dsv (still have a copy on drive)
make a new game
make an ingame save as soon as I could
*load state you want ( the only state I have is from 4 hours before my corrupted ingame save. Is that the only one I can go back to?)
If you guys could help me that would be great!

tinoargentino

Post by tinoargentino » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:14 am

Hi! ive been having similar issues with pokemon Platinum. Ive tried following the steps mentioned, but the thing is that the game self restarts every time before I can finish wathing the proffesors speech, so there is no way I can make an in game save. Is there an alternative I can go for?

Thanks!

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:19 am

msa12345 wrote:I am extremely confused on how to do this
here is what I did:
erase non working dsv (still have a copy on drive)
make a new game
make an ingame save as soon as I could
*load state you want ( the only state I have is from 4 hours before my corrupted ingame save. Is that the only one I can go back to?)
If you guys could help me that would be great!
Sounds like you answered your own question there lol. Yes that is the only one you can go back to. Are you still having this problem? Should've been patched up for ya 2 updates ago.

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:20 am

tinoargentino wrote:Hi! ive been having similar issues with pokemon Platinum. Ive tried following the steps mentioned, but the thing is that the game self restarts every time before I can finish wathing the proffesors speech, so there is no way I can make an in game save. Is there an alternative I can go for?

Thanks!
What version of drastic are you using? Look at the bottom right of the main menu when you boot drastic.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 am

Like he says, you probably have to update to 2.1.6.2a. It's the October curse.

rriiver

Re: From pirate to geniue, I can't save.

Post by rriiver » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 am

dnyce13 wrote:Ok I believe I fixed my in game saving problem a while ago on Pokemon Black by doing this:

On Main Title screen press Up+Select+B and it should take you to a screen asking if you'd like to delete save file and once deleted cannot recover. Continue on and it will take 5-10 seconds to delete it. The game will reset on its own. Once it has reset, try the steps mentioned minus removing the dsv and I believe it should work. I haven't had a problem since I've done it and it has saved successfully after Elite 4 and everything.

So I have to start all over to save my game or I can back to where I was before corrupted file

Jay Haru

Re: From pirate to geniue, I can't save.

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 am

rriiver wrote:
dnyce13 wrote:Ok I believe I fixed my in game saving problem a while ago on Pokemon Black by doing this:

On Main Title screen press Up+Select+B and it should take you to a screen asking if you'd like to delete save file and once deleted cannot recover. Continue on and it will take 5-10 seconds to delete it. The game will reset on its own. Once it has reset, try the steps mentioned minus removing the dsv and I believe it should work. I haven't had a problem since I've done it and it has saved successfully after Elite 4 and everything.

So I have to start all over to save my game or I can back to where I was before corrupted file
learn to wait! do not pm everyone just so you can have your answers. in any case, already responded to your questions.
Behold my mighty