Playing this on my phone with controller, screen keeps going dark, how to stop it?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
RepoDraghon
Playing this on my phone with controller, screen keeps going dark, how to stop it?

Post by RepoDraghon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:50 pm

how do I disable this screen timing out thing?

kaikun97

Re: Playing this on my phone with controller, screen keeps going dark, how to stop it?

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:22 am

Drastic has a wake lock, the screen shouldn't dim at all. Do you have any app that has an overlay such as floating buttons or gestures? They can sometimes interfere with it.

Zekkerter

Re: Playing this on my phone with controller, screen keeps going dark, how to stop it?

Post by Zekkerter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Or you can also try changing the screen timeout in your phone's display settings.

Popahya

Post by Popahya » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:03 pm

I am having this same issue, but it's a bit more complex. I have my screen timeout settings for 10 minutes but it still dims and locks the screen before then. All of this started happening when I updated my Samsung s9+ to 9 "Pie One UI". It has only been happening with drastic and no other apps.

I have already tried scouring the settings multiple times to no avail.

RepoDraghon

Post by RepoDraghon » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:57 pm

I am soooo very sorry, I totally forgot about this thrrad untill recently when I went into the app and saw that all my games are missing... I chalk it upto android doing something dumb and restricting access to the SD card... Even RetroArch can't view the SD card which is weird as my music and video apps seem to have figured out the workaround...

No overlaying apps this is purely external (Bluetooth) controller issue. Since my games have disappeared I cannot really test if it's been fixed since...

Just checked, it still does it but it's so faint on the main screen that it's not an issue anymore...