DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
MK73DS
Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by MK73DS » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:27 pm

DraStic Version: r2.5.1.0a
Game: Professeur Layton et l'appel du Spectre (English title : Professor Layton and the last specter)
Glitch description and how to replicate: Can't get past the first enigma. After validating the answer, it restarts the enigma. Therefore, it is impossible to progress in the game.
To replicate it, juste start a new game and try to solve the first enigma
Copy of savestate or ingame save: None because it is at the beginning of the game

Note : it does not happen to all previous Professor Layton games, and I disabled everything which can bring bugs (high resolution 3d rendering, multithreaded rendering, ...)
Also works well on Desmume on Retroarch (but I want to use Drastic because Desmume is very slow on phone and not as good as Drastic)

EDIT : The issue is gone if you disable "Ignore gamecard limit" in the advanced menu (and don't load from a savestate).

CHN_Obsidian

Post by CHN_Obsidian » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:40 am

DraStic Version: Newest (r2.5.1.2a)
Game: All
Glitch description and how to replicate:
If you hold the dpad, any of ABXY, L and R in order, when you release ABXY, the L key also releases even you are still holding it.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: No need
Sorry for my bad English cuz im a Chinese :|

Edit: See https://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 95310f37ad for details.

gazorninplat

Post by gazorninplat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 am

DraStic Version: r2.5.1.2a
Game: Any, so far replicated on 2002 Professor Layton, 2495 Final Fantasy IV, 5478 Ghost Trick
Glitch description and how to replicate: This is the weirdest glitch. I have searched on the forum but haven't found it. Please let me know if it has. The glitch is that Drastic appears to need to have been in landscape mode at some point before creating a savestate, or Drastic freezes the game, and doesn't create the savestate. Not be in landscape necessarily during savestate creation, but just having been in landscape at some point during a play session before savestate creation. Let me elaborate. If I start a game in portrait mode and play and stay in portrait mode, and try to make a savestate, Drastic freezes the game. Drastic itself doesn't freeze, in that I can still access menus, but the game is frozen. No savestate is created, and the dialogue asking whether to overwrite last savestate doesn't come up. However, if I rotate into landscape at any point between starting a game and trying to make a savestate, then it's fine. I don't have to stay in landscape. I can go back to portrait and continue. It'll ask whether I want to overwirte the last savestate, and create one normally. Game continues without freezing. It's taken me a while to pinpoint this sequence since I usually play games in landscape. Can anyone else replicate?
Copy of savestate or ingame save: sorry, the glitch prevents a savestate!
Phone: Oneplus 3T stock Oreo 8.0, not rooted

l555444333222

Post by l555444333222 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Version: r2.5.1.3a
Game: Final Fantasy IV
This cutscene is way out of sync with the original game. After loading the save state, just watch the cutscene called "Palom And Porom."
Here is a comparison video: https://youtu.be/8ZMjtGY0n4M

YoshiFtJ

Post by YoshiFtJ » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 am

DraStic Version: r2.5.2.0a
Game: Feel the Magic - XY-XX (US)
Glitch description and how to replicate: I've noticed the glitch with the mini games Scorpion and Cart (maybe more later in the game) The screen HUD displays correctly and on the proper screens, but the gameplay itself is swapped between the two.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18koU5 ... 5r4GEEXi7G

Mkjafu

Post by Mkjafu » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:16 am

DraStic Version:2.5.2.1a
Game:Freedom Wings [US]
Glitch description and how to replicate: Ground is blue/Transparent and only clears out once Im close to it. You can replicate it by playing the game in vanilla settings.
Also, Multithreading fixes the Blue/Transparent problem, but it removes the planes and the buildings completely.
Copy of savestate or ingame save:none

AutomatonOmega

Post by AutomatonOmega » Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 pm

DraStic Version: r2.5.2.2a
Game: Sands of destruction
Glitch description and how to replicate: visual bug on menu > party > customize, transparency or layer issue, character sprite behind green layer but should be in front
Copy of savestate or ingame save: included in attachments

SolaireofRivia

Post by SolaireofRivia » Thu May 14, 2020 7:25 am

Game: Front Mission (US)
Glitch description and how to replicate: Minor issue, but thought it's worth reporting. There seems to be some issue with some text in this game. This is first noticed in the intro scene after the first mission, where text scrolls up the screen. The third batch of scrolling text is partially hidden behind the in-game buildings, making it impossible to read.

Also when viewing your pilot's info on the top screen when selecting units for a mission or when customising their wanzer, the middle two letters of their name will usually be absent. For example, Keith will become K th. The "e" in "register" when registering units before a mission is also missing before selecting your unit, and the g is also partially missing. These two issues can be seen in the save state I attached. Most text in the game is fine otherwise, at least so far (am only an hour in so far).
Copy of savestate or ingame save: Included in attachment

k3y012

Post by k3y012 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:56 am

Drastic version: 2.5.2.2a (current)
Game: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire Rift

There's a glitch in the upper screen after choosing Clan Privilege.

-> part of the lower screen interposes with upper screen for an instant along with the sound after displaying the Laws.

crimekiwi

Post by crimekiwi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 pm

Game: Pokemon Platinum (with Follow patch)
Glitch description and how to replicate: Approaching two ace trainers on a particular route results in the game crashing as soon as the fight screen is supposed to show up. I unfortunately saved during the battle animation so now my game is soft-locked right after purchasing the emulator, but not after investing significant time into it.