This guide will take you through the methods on changing the placement of your onscreen controls and keeping them that way, I would like to note there is no currently a way to re-size it but for the time being and i'm sure in future updates it will have one and i'll update this guide accordingly.
- A little patience
- This part is easy since all you really need to do is load up DraStic and load your game as normal.
- Then you need to select the little arrow at the bottom in between your D-Pad and A,B,X,Y
- Then select "menu"
- Now just long press the layout you wish to edit, for this example we'll be using the portrait mode however this can be applied to any of them
- Once you are in your edit screen just select "menu"
- Then select "edit controller layout"
- You will then be met with a screen where you can move your D-Pad, ABXY and your L and R to wherever on the screen you wish to move them
- Select "Default" if you want your controls to remove your changes or start again
- Select "Apply" or "Cancel" when you are done and you'll return to the previous screen
- If you did make some changes
- Select "Menu" once more and you'll be presented with these options
- Select "save as global layout" if you wish for this control stay the same for every game using the layout
- Select "Save for current game" if you want the controls to be for that game only
- Once you selected go back
- Now enjoy your game
This only applies to you if your device has a navbar/softkeys such as on the Nexus 4,7,10 and you wish to use that extra bit of screen space or they don't work well with DraStic and are stuck in a strange spot, now i'm sure there are other methods but i'm endorsing this method because it works better without much of a hassle.
- Your device must be rooted
- A custom ROM that with "expanded desktop" and "PIE controls" eg. CyanogenMod, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid
- GMD Auto Hide Softkeys