Compatability

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Re: Compatability

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 am

If anyone can provide a savestate (.dss in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/savestates) + save game (.dsv in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup) for Zelda and instructions to get me to where the Microphone probably is that would be very helpful.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:52 am

Exophase wrote:If anyone can provide a savestate (.dss in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/savestates) + save game (.dsv in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup) for Zelda and instructions to get me to where the Microphone probably is that would be very helpful.
Will you be including a mic toggle in a future update?

nickycakes

Post by nickycakes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 am

LRSi wrote:Game Title : The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Device : Galaxy Note II GT-N7100
Report: Playable with a major problem that won't let me progress game.
  • Screens switching - in shops what is supposed to be on the touch screen is shown on the display screen
  • Microphone not registering - it works in one place and then it doesn't register at all: Spoiler:(When calling out to Astrid in Ember Island but doesn't work when trying to blow out the torches near the temple)
  • Game slows down when text is displayed - Sometimes while playing the game will slow down when a conversion starts or when picking up items (like keys)

This is happening on my Note II as well. Can't get past the same part without the mic working. Chat text also slows the game wayy down.

nickycakes

Post by nickycakes » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:10 am

Exophase wrote:If anyone can provide a savestate (.dss in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/savestates) + save game (.dsv in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup) for Zelda and instructions to get me to where the Microphone probably is that would be very helpful.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/515202/zelda.7z

let me know when you're done dling (this forum wouldnt let me attach the files)

LRSi

Post by LRSi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 am

1) Save was posted above this reply (by nickycakes), I didn't check the save myself
2) To get there is pretty easy, but incase you miss it here's the walkthrough, it's right above where the link leads:
Possible Spoiler: You will come to a stone statue. Tap it and it tells you to blow out the flames to illuminate the path ahead. Jump off the cliff one level down and head back to the sealed entrance. Face one of the torches and blow into the mic portion of the Nintendo DS to blow the flame. Blow out both flames and the door will open revealing the entrance to the Temple of Fire.
If the save that was provided was wrong just let me know and I'll try to provide one as well as I bypassed this problem using another emulator and then transferred the save back.

JohnathanKatz

Post by JohnathanKatz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Games that work for me on Nexus 7 with 4.3 firmware:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Gameplay: Plays 100% perfectly, no noticeable slowdowns or hiccups
Sound: 100% perfect
Saves: Work perfectly as well, able to save after a major trial/case and do mid-saves and continue from where I left off

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
Gameplay: Works as it would if I had it on a regular DS although switching between the main game screen and menu there's a noticeable lag and glitch in sound but works fine.
Sound: 100% good
Saves: Work just fine

Cooking Mama
Gameplay: Plays 100% although it may just be the screen set up I have, but the touch detection for certain dishes is off and takes a few tries
Sound: 100%
Saves: Not tried

Dementium: The Ward
Gameplay: Works 100% with no noticeable slowdowns or audio glitches
Sound: Same as above
Saves: Works perfectly

Final Fantasy IV
Gameplay: 100% accurate
Sound: Same as above
Saves: Works just fine

Advance Wars Dual Strike
Gameplay: Only tested the menus but they seem to work just fine
Sound: Just fine, only through the menu as I've not tested gameplay
Saves: Not tested

Pokemon Black 2
Gameplay: Opening with the 3D pokemon seems a little slow but after starting it works fine, after obtaining your first pokemon however and attempting to check it's status the game freezes preventing further play, also during battles there's a split second slow down before the attack is carried out along with audio freezing during that time but no issue other than the statuses.
Saves: Work fine

Pokemon White 2
Gameplay: Same opening slow down with the 3D pokemon but works just fine, am able to check pokemon statuses freely without problems, same battle split second slow down issue but is negligible as it doesn't hamper gameplay at all.
Not sure if this goes for all DS games that feature wifi in them but cannot access or trade via systems.
Saves: Work just fine.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Pipo movie m3
Game:Summon night twin age
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:47 pm

AsHperson wrote:Will you be including a mic toggle in a future update?
Probably something Lordus will have to look into. Are you interested in doing this to save battery?

Limewan

Post by Limewan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 am

Game Title: Pokemon Black 2
Device: Nexus 7 2
Status: Unplayable. When I try starting a new game, the farthest I can get is until I am done naming myself and rival, and I am supposed to be going into the actual world intro. This is where the game force closes and goes to the Drastic main menu.

Game Title: Pokemon Platinum
Status: Graphical Glitches. Simply black bars that appear on the screen.

I can confirm that the ROMs work, as I have used them with DeSmuMe for my computer.

Really disappointed that the two games that I want to play most are the ones not working. Nevertheless, I love this app, and cannot wait for future development. Incredibly outstanding how well it emulates the games that do work. Huge props to the developer(s)!

EDIT: Tried Black 2 with my GS3. Seems to work fine on that. Could it just be an issue with 4.3 maybe, or the device itself? Still have black lines with Platinum though.
Last edited by Limewan on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

setsuna04

Post by setsuna04 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Game Title: Pokemon Black
Device: Myphone A919 (MediaTek dual-core MT6577 1.0 GHz CPU, PowerVR SGX531 GPU)
Report: when i play all good run smooth no lag. bug when i play in in the start of the game. after your battle with your friends on your room. the we go outside the house. but when i go out, it hangs, freeze and black screen?

Game Title: Rune Factory 3 (EU)
Device: Same
Report:Cannot save the game. the game itself i know there is save anywhere option. but i want the save in the game itself

Game Title: Love Plus
Device: Same
Report: cannot save the game. in the game itself.
also crash/ force close when i first meet Rinko, and 2nd meet of Nene in the game

i hope you fix this problem thanks :)

i hope you put Mic option. because its needed in Love Plus game. :)