Final Fantasy Tactics A2 glitch

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
BortzANATOR
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 glitch

Post by BortzANATOR » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:36 am

Well thats disheartening. As far as I know, the official brady games guide says nothing about a pre-req, nor does there seem to be an in game barrier other than needed to get access to the new continent. Everything you need for the mission is self contained and not really hard at all.

Shit. Thats like 50 some hours. I had planned to 100% the missions in the game... dang it.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:08 pm

The best verification now would be for someone to test it on an actual DS.

I haven't seen this happen before, but it's at least possible that the cheats resulted in the save file being put in a state that it otherwise shouldn't have been put in.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Bortz what are the exact built in and custom cheats that you used. I can't promise I can fix it but I have done a 100% run of FFTA2 on both the DS and on drastic though it was in an earlier build. What ever one was right before I went into the beta to test out High Rez (not sure what number that was).

If it was just hp cheats or exp/ap cheats it should not have any issue. If it is a give all iem cheat that can place some "debug" or none existant items in your inventory that should not exist and can mess up fetch quests.

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:43 pm

I used the "all laws disabled" (because the laws in this game are asinine). But I think the culprit is the custom cheat a made from a forum post on GameFAQs.
2212B125 00000000
It's a custom sprite cheat that allows you to alter any sprite to whatever you want... I can't remember exactly how it works. I'm on mobile right now so I don't know where to find it right now. Anyways, I used it on Luso to alter his sprite to be a normal human with class changes. I did see a few fetch quests get slightly messed up. Some users reported Luso would no longer show up in cut scenes until battles loaded. Or if you had to talk to someone as a quest, neither would show up. But this is the first quest that actually bugged out the game in an unplayable way.

Maybe that's what I did too mess the game up.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:04 am

I totally agree that the laws in FFTA2 are far worse then in the first game. The law code can sometimes cause odd things to happen in battles when you do something the game assumes you would be punished for doing and nothing bad happens to you.

Custom sprite changing codes can cause prerequisite quests to not get saved into memory correctly which can effect later quests in the line causing them to fail, especially if you have to hand over something you picked up in a prior quest that didn't save correct.

If it part of a questline you can redo because the earlier quests are repeatable you might be able to fix it, but you are just as lokely to run into a different issue later.