Final Fantasy Tactics A2 glitch

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
BortzANATOR
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 glitch

Post by BortzANATOR » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:58 pm

There is a mission deep into Final Fantasy Tactics A2 that messes up in a weird way. The mission "A Charm for Luck" is a simple collect the item and deliver it quest. Take the quest and head to the first location, the screen loads the background and the text boxes, but no map and sprites. Dialogue goes on and you seem to get the quest item, but once you collect the charm and head back to the world map, you immediately fail the quest. Which shouldn't possible. If you head to the other location, you get a message saying you forgot what you were supposed to bring, indicating that you need to get the quest item first. I know I have more than enough time to finish the quest (you burn on day walking between sections of the map. So I take the quest 2 section away from the pickup point and still have 18 days left before the quest expires). All that to say, I am pretty sure its not something I am doing in game to mess this up.

I turned off all pre-loaded cheats and my custom cheats, the restarted the rom, same thing. I restarted DraStic, same issue. I deleted my custom cheats completely, and restarted DraStic, still get the same issue.

Can anyone help? Does anyone have any settings or something that I could try toggling? This is the first time a quest has done this, and I have been playing most/all the game with cheats. I tired using other emulators to pick up where I left off just to finish this quest and come back to DraStic, but they cant seem to find my in game save on my phone.

**Edit: I just saw the glitch repository. I am trying to upload a save state from DraStic to Drive, but I cant seem to get it to show up in Drive. Any idea what I am doing wrong there?

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/IE7dy

Exophase

Re: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 glitch

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Can you reproduce it without the savestate, loading from an in-game save with all the cheats still disabled?

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:41 am

Yes I can. I forgot to post that as one of the troubleshooting steps that I preformed.

I tried this from the emulator save state. When that didnt work I tried again, but with a real game save. I loaded the game from cold, accepted the mission, it still failed.

Would it help if I had a .sav to give you or something? If so I need help getting one, because I dont know where my phone stores that file.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:10 am

The save game is stored in a .dsv in sdcard/DraStic/backup.

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:41 pm

This should be the file. If you never played FFTA2, I can give you instructions for how to test the glitch. The mission is available at the pub for the taking. I made sure to save before taking the quest to make sure there wasn't something going on afterwards.
Attachments
ffta2sav.zip
(14.76KiB)Downloaded 457 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:39 am

BortzANATOR wrote:This should be the file. If you never played FFTA2, I can give you instructions for how to test the glitch. The mission is available at the pub for the taking. I made sure to save before taking the quest to make sure there wasn't something going on afterwards.
uh, why does it not have the .dsv file extension? in any case im investigating it
Behold my mighty

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:04 am

Exo might say it better, but both .dsv and .sav are interchangeable. I ran into this when trying to discover how to convert between them.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:32 am

Fefo wrote:Exo might say it better, but both .dsv and .sav are interchangeable. I ran into this when trying to discover how to convert between them.
it actually does not have any file extension. period :x

also, i know its interchangeable ;p
Behold my mighty

BortzANATOR

Post by BortzANATOR » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:17 am

Ok let's try this one. I must be suffering a great deal of user error.
Attachments
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Grimoire of the Rift.dsv
(64.12KiB)Downloaded 475 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:39 pm

BortzANATOR wrote:Ok let's try this one. I must be suffering a great deal of user error.
okay, tested it and i got the same thing. i am now checking if it happens on earlier versions

update:

i tested it and it happens on early versions of drastic.

whats surprising is i also tried it on desmume and the same thing also happened (as in how you saw it on drastic)... there might be a sort of hidden requirement to fulfill the quest but i havent seen a walkthrough saying anything on it :/
Behold my mighty