Drastic unable to find roms

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Firestorm2408
Drastic unable to find roms

Post by Firestorm2408 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi folks,

So I've used drastic before when I bought it for my nvidia shield tablet but when I try and use it on my oneplus one running CM12.1 it can't seem to find any roms I download onto it (I've also tried manually downloading them on my pc and putting them on here via USB cable)

Even when I manually try to look in the folder via drastics it shows nothing in the folder.

Any idea what could be causing drastic to be unable to see the roms?

ericbazinga

Re: Drastic unable to find roms

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Firestorm2408 wrote:Hi folks,

So I've used drastic before when I bought it for my nvidia shield tablet but when I try and use it on my oneplus one running CM12.1 it can't seem to find any roms I download onto it (I've also tried manually downloading them on my pc and putting them on here via USB cable)

Even when I manually try to look in the folder via drastics it shows nothing in the folder.

Any idea what could be causing drastic to be unable to see the roms?
What version of DraStic do you have?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Firestorm2408

Post by Firestorm2408 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:33 pm

ericbazinga wrote:What version of DraStic do you have?
r 2.4.0.1a appears on the bottom right of my drastic main menu. I assume that's the version?

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Firestorm2408 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:What version of DraStic do you have?
r 2.4.0.1a appears on the bottom right of my drastic main menu. I assume that's the version?
Yup.
Just checking, because a version number that does not match the current release is usually a telltale sign of piracy. Not saying you did that, but you never know.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 pm

What file extension do your roms have? They should be ".nds". If they're compressed, try extraxting them from the archive. DraStic should be able to see compressed roms, but just in case try them uncompressed.

Firestorm2408

Post by Firestorm2408 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Sean wrote:What file extension do your roms have? They should be ".nds". If they're compressed, try extraxting them from the archive. DraStic should be able to see compressed roms, but just in case try them uncompressed.
Turns out I'm an idiot, i was trying to but a .gba file (pokemon fire red) on there. Derp.