Transfer Data from SuperNDS to DraStic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Laptrico
Transfer Data from SuperNDS to DraStic

Post by Laptrico » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:40 pm

So I'm currently doing a Pokemon Platinum playthrough on SuperNDS (on android btw) and it's really bad for crashing so I got DraStic. I'm attempting to transfer my save from SuperNDS across so I don't lose all my progress.

I was following a post on Reddit that explained how to do it but I'm having zero progress. I rename my file correctly (3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (US)(XenoPhobia).dss) and put it in backup and nothing happens. I try doing it in savestates and nothing happens and doing it in both and still no results. I noticed when I made a save on DraStic the file would have the same name bar an added _8 at the end e.g. 3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (US)(XenoPhobia)_8.dss. I tried adding the _8 and it just shows a corrupted file and says something about DOIS.

Also tried uploading to Google Drive and transporting it that way but DraStic just says theres no saved data there.

Here's the reddit post I followed incase anyone wants to see that = https://amp.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAnd ... o_drastic/

What do I do here?

kaikun97

Re: Transfer Data from SuperNDS to DraStic

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 am

Naming it .dss is for save states, not save games. You have been trying to copy over save states rather than the save file which won't work.

You should go into SuperNDS and make an in-game save instead, So in Pokemon, Press X to open the the start menu and press on save, like you would if you were playing on a real Nintendo DS.

You should get either a .sav file or a .dsv file.
If its .sav, then rename it to .dsv and then copy that file into Drastic/backup folder, and make sure the name of the file is exactly the same as the rom.

I want to stress that you should rely on in-game saves rather than save states when you can.

Laptrico

Post by Laptrico » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:34 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 am
Naming it .dss is for save states, not save games. You have been trying to copy over save states rather than the save file which won't work.

You should go into SuperNDS and make an in-game save instead, So in Pokemon, Press X to open the the start menu and press on save, like you would if you were playing on a real Nintendo DS.

If its .sav, then rename it to .dsv and then copy that file into Drastic/backup folder, and make sure the name of the file is exactly the same as the rom.

I want to stress that you should rely on in-game saves rather than save states when you can.
I do save through the actual game? When looking through my SuperNDS files I only see files named Battery, Cheats, States and Temp. Which of these will contain the saves?

I'll go to my SuperNDS folders and copy the Pokemon Platinum .dvs file from the Battery folder (Where the reddit post said to) and then paste it into DraStic's backup file and then start the game up and go to manage savestates for nothing to appear?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 am

Laptrico wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:34 am
kaikun97 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 am

I do save through the actual game? When looking through my SuperNDS files I only see files named Battery, Cheats, States and Temp. Which of these will contain the saves?

I'll go to my SuperNDS folders and copy the Pokemon Platinum .dvs file from the Battery folder (Where the reddit post said to) and then paste it into DraStic's backup file and then start the game up and go to manage savestates for nothing to appear?
Go into battery folder and copy the .dsv file, ensuring it has the same name as the ROM, then into drastic's backup folder yes. But load the game and instead go to Pokemon Platinum's start menu as in the screenshot and load your save from there. Then you can make a new save state.