DraStic Notification and DraStic keeps opening

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rabiga7or
DraStic Notification and DraStic keeps opening

Post by rabiga7or » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:21 am

Hello,

I keep getting a notification when opening DraStic that stays permanently (and probably means DraStic is running). However when I close DraStic, sometimes it opens itself again and also shows this notification aswell.

Question 1: I didn't find an option to disable the notification. Is there a way to disable it (in the app settings not android settings) and what purpose does this notification have?
Question 2: How can I prevent DraStic from keep reopening itself sometimes after removing it from the App Overview?

Phone: Huawei P20 Pro EMUI 9 Android 9

kaikun97

Re: DraStic Notification and DraStic keeps opening

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:30 pm

rabiga7or wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:21 am
Hello,

I keep getting a notification when opening DraStic that stays permanently (and probably means DraStic is running). However when I close DraStic, sometimes it opens itself again and also shows this notification aswell.

Question 1: I didn't find an option to disable the notification. Is there a way to disable it (in the app settings not android settings) and what purpose does this notification have?
Question 2: How can I prevent DraStic from keep reopening itself sometimes after removing it from the App Overview?

Phone: Huawei P20 Pro EMUI 9 Android 9
It shouldn't reopen itself, its either a bug or the notification was not cleared properly. Considering how much EMUI messes with Android system files its likely a bug.

The purpose of the notification is a tactic to try and ensure Android doesn't try and close the app while its in the background if you minimise it, because you could lose unsaved progress otherwise.

rabiga7or

Post by rabiga7or » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 am

Alright thanks for clarifying.

Yes EMUI does lots of things wrong it might be that then. Next phone surely won't be another Huawei one.

I once accidently clicked on the notification when checking notifications while playing and it opened the game and loaded my last savestate. I just started playing so it wasn't a big issue but is there a way around that?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm

rabiga7or wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 am
Alright thanks for clarifying.

Yes EMUI does lots of things wrong it might be that then. Next phone surely won't be another Huawei one.

I once accidently clicked on the notification when checking notifications while playing and it opened the game and loaded my last savestate. I just started playing so it wasn't a big issue but is there a way around that?
Yes there is a way around, Android has a setting that can disable notifications entirely for any apps you choose.

You can disable it if you go to your phone's settings, go to the app manager (where you can delete or force close apps), Find Drastic and there should be a section where you can disable notifications.

Alternatively, make the notification appear, and then long press it (or it may be a swipe) and see if you get an option to mute or disable it.