External controller - No back/cancel button

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Ezekielnin
External controller - No back/cancel button

Post by Ezekielnin » Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been using Drastic for some time now without issues with game or gameplay inside any games EXCEPT with external conmtrollers. This problem occurs to me on different machines (chromebook, Lg V30, LG G4 and Android TV box) AND with 2 different external controller (Uniplay U6 and 8bitbo Sn30pro).

Here's the heart of problem : after I connect my external controller, I select key mapping to a brand new one and the map the controls for my external controller. After doing so, I can't go back to the previous screen because the "back/cancel" button is unregistered and A or B both register as a "confirm/apply" command (usually B is cancel and A is confirm). So it is not possible for me to map my external controller buttons the way they are on the controller itself (A is the button to the right, B is the bottom button, X is the top button and Y is the left button) (view button here : https://theawesomer.com/photos/2017/09/ ... epad_9.jpg).

I have worked around this by using another external controller that have a regular android BACK button to go out of the menus and play the games but if I do this, A and B are constantly mixed up : sometimes I have to press the A to cancel, sometimes it's the B that cancels wich is VERY confusing when I try to navigate the menus.

I hope someone understands my problem. I have many screenshots and I can detail more if need be.

What would maybe solve the problem is the ability to directly map the CANCEL and ACCEPT buttons to already used buttons just like in the DEFAULT external controller mapping (the one we can't modify, names GENERIC GAMEPAD)

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure this doesn't have anything to do with the machine or the gamepad itself.