Pokemon Black Version - Victini/Liberty Pass Cheat Problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
petalferrous
Pokemon Black Version - Victini/Liberty Pass Cheat Problem

Post by petalferrous » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:21 am

Hi there. Sorry to bother you, but I've searched all over the internet, used the search function in this forum and read quite a few threads about cheats, and read the FAQ several times, and I'm still not able to solve my problem. Here it is: I've been playing Pokemon Black Version for about an hour on the in-game clock. I have 0 gym badges but I do have the Pokedex and 4 pokemon in my party. I would love to use the Liberty Pass cheat to get a Victini, but I can't seem to make it work. I have tried pressing Up+Select at a variety of different times, such as outside the Pokecenter, while entering the Pokecenter, while in the Pokecenter, or while at the Continue screen, as well as saving and resetting the game, or resetting without saving, while toggling the cheat on and off. Two times out of probably fifty tries I've had the delivery man appear, but he says he has nothing to give me when I talk to him, and I have no idea what I did to make it kind of work those times either.

I haven't tested other cheats to the same extent, since I wasn't planning on cheating extensively, but those I have I've been able to get to work. Walk through walls and maximum money both work perfectly, suggesting that I'm not having a problem with cheats that require a button press to activate. Auto run didn't appear to start working for a minute or so after I activated it, then it stayed on after I toggled it off, but it went away after I restarted DraStic, so that's probably how it's supposed to work and I'm just dumb. Double movement speed also works fine.

Hopefully I'm just being stupid and missing something obvious. Thank you for any help you're able to provide; I greatly appreciate it.

Jay Haru

Re: Pokemon Black Version - Victini/Liberty Pass Cheat Probl

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 am

petalferrous wrote:Hi there. Sorry to bother you, but I've searched all over the internet, used the search function in this forum and read quite a few threads about cheats, and read the FAQ several times, and I'm still not able to solve my problem. Here it is: I've been playing Pokemon Black Version for about an hour on the in-game clock. I have 0 gym badges but I do have the Pokedex and 4 pokemon in my party. I would love to use the Liberty Pass cheat to get a Victini, but I can't seem to make it work. I have tried pressing Up+Select at a variety of different times, such as outside the Pokecenter, while entering the Pokecenter, while in the Pokecenter, or while at the Continue screen, as well as saving and resetting the game, or resetting without saving, while toggling the cheat on and off. Two times out of probably fifty tries I've had the delivery man appear, but he says he has nothing to give me when I talk to him, and I have no idea what I did to make it kind of work those times either.

I haven't tested other cheats to the same extent, since I wasn't planning on cheating extensively, but those I have I've been able to get to work. Walk through walls and maximum money both work perfectly, suggesting that I'm not having a problem with cheats that require a button press to activate. Auto run didn't appear to start working for a minute or so after I activated it, then it stayed on after I toggled it off, but it went away after I restarted DraStic, so that's probably how it's supposed to work and I'm just dumb. Double movement speed also works fine.

Hopefully I'm just being stupid and missing something obvious. Thank you for any help you're able to provide; I greatly appreciate it.
did you try deactivating the other cheats before trying the cheat you want? sometimes its just that ou had too many cheats on that the game hates it and it doesnt work.. if not, let us know and beansta may be able to help.
Behold my mighty

petalferrous

Post by petalferrous » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 am

No, I actually never had more than 1 cheat turned on at the same time.

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 am

Yay go me...

Anyway ill try it myself but if you were looking for victini couldnt you just use the code to find it in the grass? (Not played the original black enough to know whether victini has the same lockout as mew and deoxys)

Edit:
Screenshot_2014-01-09-14-47-36.png
Screenshot_2014-01-09-14-47-36.png (239.96KiB)Viewed 28356 times
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

petalferrous

Post by petalferrous » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah, that cheat works fine for me too. I certainly could use it, I guess I was just trying to make the experience as authentic as possible, lol. Not a big deal, so if you don't have any idea why the Liberty Pass cheat isn't working, I can just go with the encounter cheat. Thanks for the suggestion :)

beansta

Post by beansta » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 am

I could still check the liberty pass cheat however, and try and fix it if it is broken

Edit: hmm yeah it seems it doesnt work.

Edit 2: yeeeeaaaah theres a reason the code probably didnt work on mine
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-01-10-12-27-14.png
Screenshot_2014-01-10-12-27-14.png (214.23KiB)Viewed 28331 times
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

JayArre4

Post by JayArre4 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Can you please help me out with the victini liberty pass cheat. I have pressed the select+up botton together before entering the pokecenter just as stated, saved and restarted the game. I've done it several times just as the previous user that started this forum, but the cheat doesnt work. Can you please see what the problem is and possibly fix it. Im sorry for disturbing you. I just wanted and authentic pokemon experience without using cheats like that. I just used the cheats to do the extra side mission and exploration the game offers from the event pokemon.

NoUsername

Re: Pokemon Black Version - Victini/Liberty Pass Cheat Problem

Post by NoUsername » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm

In case anyone stumbles upon this page, I think the code was wrong somehow. This is what I did:

I copied the code from https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/ ... rty%20Pass. and pasted it as a Custom Cheat, enabled it and saved it. I was right in front of Castelia City pokemon center while doing so. I pressed Select+Up to enter the pokemon center. The mysterious gift guy with blue uniform was right there. I then collected the Liberty Pass from him, saved the game in-game, disabled the custom cheat and restarted the game.

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:33 am

This is 2022 and the code clearly won't work... Even the ones on the internet are not working properly on drastic for some reason. So here's a quick fix:
Download PkHeX (for PC)
- copy your . dsv file (save) from the 'backup' folder
- load it into PkHex on your pc
- Go to 'SAV' tab and under misc edits tick the "activate liberty pass".. (Not sure if needed but If possible, try getting the liberty pass using the, get a Pokemon holding liberty pass code beforehand - which works)
-Export your SAV
- copy the edited dsv back to your original directory (copy and replace)
- load your game on drastic normally - (no savestate) load new game - choose rom -
- go to liberty pier - the npc should take you to liberty garden

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:45 am

petalferrous wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:21 am
Hi there. Sorry to bother you, but I've searched all over the internet, used the search function in this forum and read quite a few threads about cheats, and read the FAQ several times, and I'm still not able to solve my problem. Here it is: I've been playing Pokemon Black Version for about an hour on the in-game clock. I have 0 gym badges but I do have the Pokedex and 4 pokemon in my party. I would love to use the Liberty Pass cheat to get a Victini, but I can't seem to make it work. I have tried pressing Up+Select at a variety of different times, such as outside the Pokecenter, while entering the Pokecenter, while in the Pokecenter, or while at the Continue screen, as well as saving and resetting the game, or resetting without saving, while toggling the cheat on and off. Two times out of probably fifty tries I've had the delivery man appear, but he says he has nothing to give me when I talk to him, and I have no idea what I did to make it kind of work those times either.

The AR code for the liberty pass does not work for drastic and as a matter of fact, the ones available on the internet don't work too well for drastic either. But here's a miracle quick fix if anyone requires:-

(Note:- Not sure, but you might need to use the 'Get a Pokemon holding Liberty Pass code beforehand, and take the pass from said Pokemon)

- Download PkHex Editor (PC only)
- Save your game manually.. Copy your . dsv file (save) from your drastic 'backup' folder on to your PC
- Load the. dsv using PkHEx and go to 'SAV' tab. Under Misc Edits - tick the 'Activate Liberty Pass' box. Export your save.
- copy the edited . dsv from your PC to your original directory (copy/replace)
- load your game normally - (no savestates) - load new game - choose rom - play
- go to liberty pier - the npc should have no qualms about taking you to liberty garden now. Cheers