Updates on Open Source state for Drastic?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
JustMeDaFaq
Re: Updates on Open Source state for Drastic?

Post by JustMeDaFaq » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:16 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 am
JustMeDaFaq wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am
I dont mind waiting, good things take time. I just hope it didnt got canceled and were getting a "its still happening" from someone working on it :o
It won't get cancelled. That would require development of Drastic to stop, which would involve it becoming open source anyway since that would be the last thing to do if it was to be abandoned.

Yes its still in progress, its decided that the open source fork will be a Retroarch core so that users on multiple systems and not just phones can play it. There is still work left to do to properly support x86_64 on Windows and an interface still needs to be made.
That's awesome to hear man!
Glad you guys are still working on it and even if that wasn't the case, making it open source is planned either way <3 Thanks for everyone involved for the work on it!

dteam

Post by dteam » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Yes its still in progress, its decided that the open source fork will be a Retroarch core so that users on multiple systems and not just phones can play it.

Yes this is awesome !!!

dteam

Post by dteam » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am

@kaikun97

Hi, Is there a way to use the mic or static mic with the ARM devices version (2.5.0.4) (For exemple Zelda Spirit Tracks flute) or It will be in the new release?
Does exist a patch for that?
Regards

Lilly2

Post by Lilly2 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:20 pm

It's been a year since I last posted. Can we get an update? ;p

StonedEdge

Post by StonedEdge » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:24 am

Lilly2 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:20 pm
It's been a year since I last posted. Can we get an update? ;p
We are still waiting unfortunately. Last we heard, Exophase and his team are working hard on a RetroArch core first and foremost. Alongside which would come the source code. Last update I heard from him was in his development discord on the Boxing Day 2021.

Arolandis

Post by Arolandis » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Ngl I'm drooling at the prospect of open sourced Drastic- it's still my absolute favorite emulator and has features I adore that not many other standalone emulators have, like custom background/overlay art, custom on-screen buttons, lua scripting, etc.

So much respect to the dev that made it, and now possibly working on open sourcing it!

<3 ~/o/

Applepie2

Post by Applepie2 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:10 pm

Is there any further update on the RetroArch core?