Screen on top of the other in landscape

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
pedroverri
Screen on top of the other in landscape

Post by pedroverri » Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am

Hi there!
I've been using DraStic for some time now on my GPD XD+ and it works great.

However there is no way (that I could find of) to rearrange the layout to get one screen on top of the other in landscape mode, which is the only way the GPD XD+ is playable on.
While the default layout with the screens side by side works great for most games, it makes difficult to play games like Sonic Rush which goes from one screen to the other during gameplay.

Is there a way to remend this?

dlanor

Re: Screen on top of the other in landscape

Post by dlanor » Thu May 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I don't have a 'GPD XD+' myself, but I think its screen usage is quite similar to that of using a TV-connected Android console, since that is also locked to the landscape view. And for these consoles I have no problem making Drastic display the DS screens vertically.

For this I start the game and while it is running I open the emulator menu (the one that looks like a 'cake' diagram), and there select the cake-piece entitled "Screen Layout" which opens a normal sub-menu where I then select the entry "Portrait 1:1". This causes the emulator to arrange the two DS screens vertically on the physical screen (which still has landscape mode). Hopefully this method will work on your device as well.

The only drawback of this 'portrait in landscape' mode is that it only uses a small portion of the screen (appx 37.5%), with huge black rectangles to either side of the used portion. So each of the two DS screens only uses appx 18.75% of the full screen area, as compared to one third of the full area in side-by-side mode.

Best regards: Ronald Andersson (aka: dlanor)

Free.th

Post by Free.th » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:56 pm

For this I start the game and while it is running I open the emulator menu (the one that looks like a 'cake' diagram), and there select the cake-piece entitled "Screen Layout" which opens a normal sub-menu where I then select the entry "Portrait 1:1". This causes the emulator to arrange the two DS screens vertically on the physical screen (which still has landscape mode). Hopefully this method will work on your device as well.
That work around doesn't seem to work on a regular android device or I understood it incorrectly.

I am using an Lg V60 which can use 2 screens. If there would be a landscape mode as versatile as the portrait lock mode, so including all the customization options, I could set my phone up as an actual ds: one screen on each screen being able to fold them down to fit in my pocket. :ds: :)

Edit: Actually, I might have misunderstood after all. The Landscape x:1 mode allows you to setup the screens as you want in landscape mode. I got it working completely.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:54 pm

pedroverri wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am
However there is no way (that I could find of) to rearrange the layout to get one screen on top of the other in landscape mode, which is the only way the GPD XD+ is playable on.
While the default layout with the screens side by side works great for most games, it makes difficult to play games like Sonic Rush which goes from one screen to the other during gameplay.
That device should have a touchscreen display if I remember correctly. Can you confirm it?
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage