DSi Emulation?

Post whatever!
xperia64
DSi Emulation?

Post by xperia64 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Normally I am not one to make threads like this. However, a method to decrypt DSiware titles into .nds files has been released. Legally, the utility is in a bit of grey area copyright wise as it contains keys. But, the ROMs themselves are incredibly easy to extract once purchased from the DSi shop channel (NOT 3DS eShop, must be a DSi)

The .nds files are good, as SDAT's and the like can be ripped from them. Also this:

Apprently, the arm7i and arm9i binaries in these ROMs are actually decrypted and theoretically runnable.

huckleberrypie

Re: DSi Emulation?

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:07 pm

That's 'swell, and I assume you get the keys off a DS you own, too. It's just as gray as dumping a game from any console anyway, though I agree the situation's a bit more complicated with encryption involved. Most tools for GTA IV, for example, take the keys from a (legally-purchased) copy of the game rather than integrate them to the tools for legal reasons.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:37 am

No$ has been keeping in touch with me on details with his DSi reverse engineering efforts, and I'd like to try getting to it one day.. but it'd be good to first have enough documentation about the DSi-specific hardware.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 pm

xperia64 wrote:Normally I am not one to make threads like this. However, a method to decrypt DSiware titles into .nds files has been released. Legally, the utility is in a bit of grey area copyright wise as it contains keys. But, the ROMs themselves are incredibly easy to extract once purchased from the DSi shop channel (NOT 3DS eShop, must be a DSi)

The .nds files are good, as SDAT's and the like can be ripped from them. Also this:

Apprently, the arm7i and arm9i binaries in these ROMs are actually decrypted and theoretically runnable.
OMG how do you do that!? Also can you send me those DSi Roms?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Delirious17

Post by Delirious17 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Bump

Would love an update, would be awesome to play Shantae RR on the mobile.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:26 am

Delirious17 wrote:Bump

Would love an update, would be awesome to play Shantae RR on the mobile.
Please don't zombie old threads like this.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

AlexisDS21

Post by AlexisDS21 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

xperia64 wrote:
Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:19 pm
Normally I am not one to make threads like this. However, a method to decrypt DSiware titles into .nds files has been released. Legally, the utility is in a bit of grey area copyright wise as it contains keys. But, the ROMs themselves are incredibly easy to extract once purchased from the DSi shop channel (NOT 3DS eShop, must be a DSi)

Hey how yo do that? :o Where I find some tools and BIOS,I planning to emulate DSi on my tablet. :ds:
Yours truly,AlexisDS21
Just visit my blog at : https://alexisjhonblog.postach.io
↑↑↓↓←→←→B A Start
Spoiler!
[font=Pretendo] Nintenda [/font]

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:03 pm

AlexisDS21 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm
Hey how yo do that? :o Where I find some tools and BIOS,I planning to emulate DSi on my tablet. :ds:
DraStic does not support DSi emulation. DSi ROMs can be converted to a similar enough format to regular NDS such that the icon shows up, but that's about it.

AlexisDS21

Post by AlexisDS21 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:07 am

xperia64 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:03 pm
AlexisDS21 wrote:
DraStic does not support DSi emulation. DSi ROMs can be converted to a similar enough format to regular NDS such that the icon shows up, but that's about it.
Ok,how to decrypt some DSi files? When I open the zip files,it says "00000000","00000001","00000002",etc. So how to decrypt that?
Yours truly,AlexisDS21
↑↑↓↓←→←→B A Start
Spoiler!

AlexisDS21

Post by AlexisDS21 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:13 am

AlexisDS21 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:07 am
xperia64 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:03 pm
AlexisDS21 wrote:
Ok,how to decrypt some DSi files? When I open the zip files,it says "00000000","00000001","00000002",etc. So how to decrypt that?
I just downloaded some ROMs for Brain Age Express,Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition,Mario vs Donkey Kong:Mini March Again,a browser,a internet pre install kit,some of Game and Watch ports,WarioWare: Snapped,Flipnote Studio,Mario Clock and myNotebook. But Flipnote Studio,Mario Clock,DSi Internet and DSi Browser are on .nds format. But the others are no format.
Yours truly,AlexisDS21
↑↑↓↓←→←→B A Start
Spoiler!