Local Multiplayer in 2018?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Koota
Local Multiplayer in 2018?

Post by Koota » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 am

Is it possible to play wireless between two devices in 2018? (two drastic owners, playing between two smarthphones not pc /ds ; drastic/ds ; drastic/pc).

Wi-fi is most certainly impossible so i wanted to ask you if local multiplayer between two smartphones that use the same version of drastic and the same rom was possible :D

SSUPII

Re: Local Multiplayer in 2018?

Post by SSUPII » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

There is no plan for it
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Koota

Post by Koota » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 pm

That is sad, I wonder how, i wonder why... I think that's a really asked feature

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Nintendo DS' Wi-Fi feature is poorly documented at the moment. Until this changes, expect no improvements on Wi-Fi emulation on DraStic.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 pm

We get more "When is multiplayer/WiFi coming" posts than actual problems or topics, so I'd say it's THE most asked for feature.

The posts are usually one of 3 types:

1) Just asking. Usually accompanied with something along the lines of "me and friends want to [Play Mario Kart, trade/battle Pokemon, etc] but can't."

2) Proposing that DraStic copies what other multiplayer emulators do (4 out of 5 times, they refer to My Boy!), even though DS multiplayer is an entirely different challenge altogether. (My Boy just emulates a physical Link Cable, which is much easier to do than emulate actual multiplayer.)

3) Proposing that DraStic uses code from this other DS emulator for PC that has experimental multiplayer. Code that DraStic can't just take and use because DraStic is closed source and needs to use 100% original code. (If it was open source it could, but that's an entirely different discussion altogether.)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.