Two problems for the game infinite space

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
CosmosKit
Re: Two problems for the game infinite space

Post by CosmosKit » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm

jonafun wrote:I'm also having trouble with the menus where I get to make a selection at the shipyard, edit crew list, edit fleet list, remodeling ships, etc. I would buy new blueprints or get new crew members, but not all the choices are there. I'm trying to assign nia as a crew member but the roster is empty, or choose between 2 ships to build at the beginning of the game but only 1 ship is available to build...
I can confirm that. I tried both with cheats on and off. I deleted the game and savefiles, reinstalled the game. I experimented with different settings the results were the same. You do not see the ships nor crews on the roster.
But it's there for ships only; for example, you buy a ship and name it. It's not on the ship roster. You buy other ship and try to name it the same as your "unseen" 1st ship, the OK button will be not highlighted.
Same as buying ships to fill the roster (9 ships) only 1 or 2 are visible and you cannot buy any more ships. Only can sell your visible ships.

If I recall, version 2.1.6.2a was the last update that Infinite Space worked properly. Version 2.2. + above the game became unplayable.

Bugs and glitches aside. Keep up the good work!

CosmosKit

Post by CosmosKit » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

I have the current version of DraStic. I was wondering if it's possible to rollback to older paid version of DraStic.
So, I can play Infinite Space again. Thank you.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:17 pm

if possible, someone please upload an in game save for the game. i need to test this so the devs would have more in depth info on how this happens and how to fix it.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:23 pm

I apologize for these issues in the new version.. they're real regressions that we didn't catch in beta testing, unfortunately :/

We've narrowed down the problem somewhat, and hopefully will fix it very soon.

jonafun

Post by jonafun » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:12 am

If by "game save" you mean the save states, I can upload a few of mine.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/REKj9m2nba/I ... Saves.html
Hope that helps!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:47 am

jonafun wrote:If by "game save" you mean the save states, I can upload a few of mine.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/REKj9m2nba/I ... Saves.html
Hope that helps!
can you please not use 4shared? that thing is evil. i havent been able to get anything from it even when i am signed in.
Behold my mighty

jonafun

Post by jonafun » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Btw they're .dss files, I hope they're what you're looking for.
Re-uploaded to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByIiHZ ... sp=sharing

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:53 pm

I found the cause of the regression in 2.2.0.0, it'll be fixed for the next version (to be released within a few days), probably sooner in a beta release.

golem09

Post by golem09 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm

I guess this is still independent of the missing outlines, right? Just fixing what was broken through a patch?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 pm

golem09 wrote:I guess this is still independent of the missing outlines, right? Just fixing what was broken through a patch?
Yeah that's still missing.