Can't create a user directory on the external SD card

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
DemoNikTusk
Can't create a user directory on the external SD card

Post by DemoNikTusk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 pm

I really want my files saved on the external SD card, but whenever i select any folder to be a user directory it displays the following: "Could not create directory". what can i do to fix this?

kaikun97

Re: Can't create a user directory on the external SD card

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:05 pm

DemoNikTusk wrote:I really want my files saved on the external SD card, but whenever i select any folder to be a user directory it displays the following: "Could not create directory". what can i do to fix this?
This might be a bug, same issue here

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:11 pm

That is because you are on KitKat or above, when they completely screwed up external SD card permissions.
It's fixable, but it would require a lot of back and forth between Java and C, since you can't create or touch folders in C, and to touch files in C you have to open them in Java.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 am

DemoNikTusk wrote:I really want my files saved on the external SD card, but whenever i select any folder to be a user directory it displays the following: "Could not create directory". what can i do to fix this?
What are you saying? I am on Nougat and I have no problem at all when I access the SD card (where I have all my roms). Try to backup all your important files from the card to the internal storage and format it.
OBJECTION!

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 am

dsattorney wrote:
What are you saying? I am on Nougat and I have no problem at all when I access the SD card (where I have all my roms). Try to backup all your important files from the card to the internal storage and format it.
This is the "custom directory" option for creating a new user profile on drastic ds the topic is about

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

I have never bothered to use the Users feature, because I am the only one that uses the emulator anyways.
OBJECTION!

DemoNikTusk

Post by DemoNikTusk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:36 pm

xperia64 wrote:That is because you are on KitKat or above, when they completely screwed up external SD card permissions.
It's fixable, but it would require a lot of back and forth between Java and C, since you can't create or touch folders in C, and to touch files in C you have to open them in Java.
Yeah i have Lolipop, but maybe i dont need to have the files there, say if i got a new phone, whould there be any way to restore the saves i had on this phone by uploading the folder they are in to a cloud service like MEGA? Or any other way, my problem is that i might have to get a new phone in the somewhat near future and i dont wanna lose my saves.