Dragon Quest 9?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
knicks0320
Dragon Quest 9?

Post by knicks0320 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi, I've been using Drastic on Android since it was released and it is a great emulator. It worked nearly flawlessly on my HTC Rezound. However, I recently upgraded to the LG G2 and found that Dragon Quest 9 is having an issue now when it did not before on the Rezound. Whenever I click the fight command in a battle, the command flashes as if to register the click, but then returns to the word "fight" as if I haven't submitted my command yet. I have to click it 7 or 8 times in rapid succession in order to actually get my character to fight. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jay Haru

Re: Dragon Quest 9?

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 pm

knicks0320 wrote:Hi, I've been using Drastic on Android since it was released and it is a great emulator. It worked nearly flawlessly on my HTC Rezound. However, I recently upgraded to the LG G2 and found that Dragon Quest 9 is having an issue now when it did not before on the Rezound. Whenever I click the fight command in a battle, the command flashes as if to register the click, but then returns to the word "fight" as if I haven't submitted my command yet. I have to click it 7 or 8 times in rapid succession in order to actually get my character to fight. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
i have an lg g2 so can you up a dsv (in game save) for me to check into it?
Behold my mighty

knicks0320

Post by knicks0320 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
knicks0320 wrote:Hi, I've been using Drastic on Android since it was released and it is a great emulator. It worked nearly flawlessly on my HTC Rezound. However, I recently upgraded to the LG G2 and found that Dragon Quest 9 is having an issue now when it did not before on the Rezound. Whenever I click the fight command in a battle, the command flashes as if to register the click, but then returns to the word "fight" as if I haven't submitted my command yet. I have to click it 7 or 8 times in rapid succession in order to actually get my character to fight. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, thank you, I've attached the .dsv in a zip file. I've also just noticed a similar problem occurs when I click on menu items in game...thanks for the help.
Attachments
Dragon Quest Star Skies.rar
(2.74KiB)Downloaded 469 times

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 pm

knicks0320 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Yes, thank you, I've attached the .dsv in a zip file. I've also just noticed a similar problem occurs when I click on menu items in game...thanks for the help.
ok, imma test this one later. can you tell me what version of dq 9 you are using? (eu or us)
Behold my mighty

knicks0320

Post by knicks0320 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
knicks0320 wrote:Yes, thank you, I've attached the .dsv in a zip file. I've also just noticed a similar problem occurs when I click on menu items in game...thanks for the help.
ok, imma test this one later. can you tell me what version of dq 9 you are using? (eu or us)
Unfortunately I downloaded this years ago and shortened the name so I cant be sure, however if i had to venture a guess I'd say EU because they spell color "colour" in game.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

knicks0320 wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
knicks0320 wrote:Yes, thank you, I've attached the .dsv in a zip file. I've also just noticed a similar problem occurs when I click on menu items in game...thanks for the help.
Unfortunately I downloaded this years ago and shortened the name so I cant be sure, however if i had to venture a guess I'd say EU because they spell color "colour" in game.
ok, thanks for that. hopefully, i can reproduce it and then the devs will check it out and have a fix.
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 am

UPDATE:

The game workd fine on my end using your save so ive no idea what is happening...
Behold my mighty

knicks0320

Post by knicks0320 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 am

Jay Haru wrote:UPDATE:

The game workd fine on my end using your save so ive no idea what is happening...
Hmmm, that's weird, can i ask did you end up using the EU or US rom?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 am

UPDATE:

Behold my mighty