DraStic crashes at startup on Asus ME173X

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
smoothfroggy
DraStic crashes at startup on Asus ME173X

Post by smoothfroggy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Dear All,

After successfully experimented DraStic thanks to the demo (gathered from PlayStore) I have decided to buy the official version from Google Play Store. I encounter now an issue with DraStic crashes at startup. According to Stack Trace, (sent to Google), a java.lang.RuntimeExcepetion is responsible for the issue : caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : Didn't find class "com.dsmenu.drastic.DraSticActivity on path...

Following notes found on this board, I have uninstalled the application after clearing cache and power cycle the tablet and reinstall but without any success.

I would be very grateful if a path could be suggested.

Regards,

Smoothfroggy

Lordus

Re: DraStic crashes at startup on Asus ME173X

Post by Lordus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Please make sure that your Google Play App and Services are up-to-date. You can try to clear their cache, or even uninstall all their updates, so they can update themselves again.
It would also be helpful to see, if that still happens for you on the latest beta version.

smoothfroggy

Post by smoothfroggy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Lordus, thanks for the information. I reinstalled the updates for both the play store and services (shutdown the apps, clear cache and data) but it did not lead to improvements : still the same message.

I finally found the issue : I was installing DraStic with a secondary account (fetaure provided by Android V4.2.2, kernel V3.4.5). As a check, I tried to resintall DraStic with the primary account (the one create at the tablet initialization) and it worked.

I am not sure about the exact reason (this tablet is not rooted ; difficult to go inside for me without a terminal (I am more a Linux guy). I may get it wrong but it may be linked to some folder being not accessible if no 'admin' or assimilated or something specific with multi user feature incompatible with secondary user.

Should you have some suggestion of checking, I'll be pleased to investigate.

Best regards,

SmoothFroggy

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Ive never noticed this myself (with this app) however there are a few other apps with this behaviour. Fifa 14 for example will only install and play properly with the registered owners account.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 pm

It's probably because of the license verification, which is also why the Demo works.

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Lordus wrote:Please make sure that your Google Play App and Services are up-to-date. You can try to clear their cache, or even uninstall all their updates, so they can update themselves again.
It would also be helpful to see, if that still happens for you on the latest beta version.
AFAIK Play services doesn't have any impact. I've downgraded my Google Play Services to factory default (3.0.x) because of all the battery drain and lag related issues with recent versions, DraStic hasn't been affected, still runs fine as 2.1.6 and 2.2.0.