Progressive lag appearing

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Maxence1402
Progressive lag appearing

Post by Maxence1402 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:51 am

Hi everyone, I've been using DraStic for several months, and it works quite well. However, I've noticed something strange about fast forward: when I switch to DraStic from another app, the game is perfectly fine, I can play at 4x speed or more, but after 10 seconds (not exactly, it's just an approximation), the game begins to slow down, and I cannot even play at 2x. And if I come back to DraStic on the running apps window, it does the same: great for 10 seconds or so and then mediocre. I've already tried to shut every other app, restarting the phone and just launch DraStic and always the same effect. I'm using a Galaxy S5. Does anyone have a solution to conserve the game warp at high speed?

Thanks for response,
Maxence1402

Exophase

Re: Progressive lag appearing

Post by Exophase » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 pm

This could be due to thermal throttling or some other power management going on. I don't think it has to do with anything in the emulator's code; if it were throttling it'd probably be to 1x speed or lower.

An app that monitors core usage and/or CPU speed might be informative. Do you know if you have the Snapdragon or Exynos based Galaxy S5?

Maxence1402

Post by Maxence1402 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 am

I just installed CPU-Z from the Play Store, I've got a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 @ 2,46 GHz. It's somehow strange that the thermal regulation of the CPU takes only effect few seconds after switching apps...

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Maxence1402 wrote:I just installed CPU-Z from the Play Store, I've got a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 @ 2,46 GHz. It's somehow strange that the thermal regulation of the CPU takes only effect few seconds after switching apps...
It could have something else to do with power management, like the clock speed is not kicking back up or it's not enabling cores.

The best way to monitor this would be an app that shows CPU speed at runtime on top of whatever's current running. I haven't tried anything like this myself but something like this might work: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rlay&hl=en

Maxence1402

Post by Maxence1402 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:10 pm

So I've installed this app and noticed that the CPU slows down to 1497 MHz after a while, probably due to overheating. This phone does not seem like it's been designed for demanding CPU tasks.