My idea, next update is a GBA Slots

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Gamerhenky
My idea, next update is a GBA Slots

Post by Gamerhenky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:46 am

I'm so bored when renaming the GBA game to match on NDS file to activate GBA Slot (Example: If i have Super Robot Wars OG Saga - Endless Frontier.nds and i have GBA game Super Robot Wars OG.gba rename it to the same as the NDS filename as Super Robot Wars OG Saga - Endless Frontier.gba on /slot2 for GBA). My ideas when the NDS game still playing, choose GBA Slot then choose [Game Name].gba to activate it, when anyone choose another GBA game, choose again with different GBA game. Also with the Eject GBA Cart to remove from GBA Slot :) . Bored with awkward renaming. :(

Exophase

Re: My idea, next update is a GBA Slots

Post by Exophase » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:34 pm

I can talk to Lordus about this, but I don't think it's something many people care about because I don't think GBA slots are useful for that many games. I also don't really see a point in having an option to remove the GBA game.

If you want to keep a GBA game paired with a DS game for more than one session this would mean having to open it every time, so at that point it's probably better to just rename it anyway. On the other hand, if you only want a GBA game for one session or you want to use it with multiple games you can name the ROM "slot2.gba" instead which is probably less work, especially if you're overwriting another ROM on top of it.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am

Exophase wrote:I can talk to Lordus about this, but I don't think it's something many people care about because I don't think GBA slots are useful for that many games. I also don't really see a point in having an option to remove the GBA game.

If you want to keep a GBA game paired with a DS game for more than one session this would mean having to open it every time, so at that point it's probably better to just rename it anyway. On the other hand, if you only want a GBA game for one session or you want to use it with multiple games you can name the ROM "slot2.gba" instead which is probably less work, especially if you're overwriting another ROM on top of it.
I think he means a way to possibly select a gba game the same way you can select a ds game via a file chooser rather than having to rename the gba file fto use different gba games with different nds files.

(e.g. On the load menu for a NDS file (where it shows make shortcut, have a "choose slot 2 file" option for that game)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:39 am

kaikun97 wrote:I think he means a way to possibly select a gba game the same way you can select a ds game via a file chooser rather than having to rename the gba file fto use different gba games with different nds files.

(e.g. On the load menu for a NDS file (where it shows make shortcut, have a "choose slot 2 file" option for that game)
Seems pretty clear that the suggestion is for a separate "open GBA" option, hence why it was said that you'd do this while the NDS game is already running.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:12 am

Exophase wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:I think he means a way to possibly select a gba game the same way you can select a ds game via a file chooser rather than having to rename the gba file fto use different gba games with different nds files.

Seems pretty clear that the suggestion is for a separate "open GBA" option, hence why it was said that you'd do this while the NDS game is already running.
On a real DS that would not work (has to be inserted at boot) so I don't know if It would be possible during emulation hence why I said the option to be in the same screen where you choose whether to Play the NDS file or create a shortcut (where it shows the Icon, title and developer banner of the file)

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 am

This could be a potential combo DS+GBA they do go well together...hence why there is a GBA slot on a DS lite handheld. but I've moved on from GBA to DS lols.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:20 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:Just get a GBA emulator on Google Play store there are many free GBA emulators that work pretty well instead of asking for a useless (hardly used) quick fix.
Lol @ your signature. I am a boy btw in case anyone mistook me for a girl because of the profile pic. The profile pic is Flower from the Anime Kowarekake No Orgel.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9213/Kowarekake_no_Orgel

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:46 am

Lol Kai-chan if you don't like it, I'll change it btw that anime only has 1 episode but shes so kawaii <3

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:52 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:Lol Kai-chan if you don't like it, I'll change it btw that anime only has 1 episode but shes so kawaii <3
I don't mind, thats fine :)

Yeah but its a great anime :P

It also has a movie version and special episode, but I just watched the original and the special episode.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:55 am

If the developers consider this then hmm okay...its not really necessary though...but my sister still loves Pokemon Emerald gba...