I hope drastic improved texture filtering , please~~~~~~~~~~

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Re: I hope drastic improved texture filtering , please~~~~~~

Post by ericbazinga » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Exophase wrote:It's probably not happening for the current renderer. If there's ever an OpenGL ES renderer it might be an option.
I know some Emulators support OpenGL for rendering, textures and filters, what would be the issues of implementing support of at least Open GL 3.1 ES (my phone uses that version :P). Would it be slower?
You changed your profile pic AGAIN

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
Exophase wrote:It's probably not happening for the current renderer. If there's ever an OpenGL ES renderer it might be an option.
I know some Emulators support OpenGL for rendering, textures and filters, what would be the issues of implementing support of at least Open GL 3.1 ES (my phone uses that version :P). Would it be slower?
You changed your profile pic AGAIN
Its Flower from the Doujin Anime (Meaning 1 episode anime) named Kowarekake no orgel.

Watch it, its good

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:33 pm

kaikun97 wrote:I know some Emulators support OpenGL for rendering, textures and filters, what would be the issues of implementing support of at least Open GL 3.1 ES (my phone uses that version :P). Would it be slower?
Whether it is faster or slower is not really the main issue... what it would be is a completely new rendering engine. I am guessing DraStic uses a software implementation over a hardware accelerated OpenGL one is due to the not having the features needed to support DS graphics using openGL es 2.0 (I believe this is what the pandora console used) and may still be the most commonly supported OpenGL version in android (though this might have changed since last I checked). Not to mention there are some very odd things console GPU solutions do that regular OpenGL [es or even normal] just does not handle well (great example is sega saturn's infamous use of quads and sprites to draw 3d is just not supported on any gpu really, nvidia NV1 as the exception to the rule).

I am also sure there are probably other reasons as well.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:42 am

kaikun97 wrote:I know some Emulators support OpenGL for rendering, textures and filters, what would be the issues of implementing support of at least Open GL 3.1 ES (my phone uses that version :P). Would it be slower?
I talked about it a bit here last time you asked:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1771&p=9318

I've done some experiments with a OpenGL ES 3.x based renderer but I haven't done anything to try to composite 2D and 3D. I have some ideas on how to do this, but it's pretty non-trivial to implement.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:40 am

Do you plan to implement a hardware renderer someday? Dunno if things are different on Android (feature/spaguetti wise), but almost every Windows emulator saw vast improvements on speed by using it, and with that more leeway for demanding games and niceties.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH