Rumble Support?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Rumble Support?

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:13 pm

I was playing Star Fox Command in DraStic, and I remembered that the game had Rumble Pack support.
Does DraStic have rumble support? And if not, could it be added?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Re: Rumble Support?

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:57 pm

It's not supported. It's possible it could be added later but I don't know yet if it will.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:30 pm

And would that be trivial or deceptively complex to implement?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 am

huckleberrypie wrote:And would that be trivial or deceptively complex to implement?
The interface on the DS side is simple, but trying to get all the timing and whatever to match up in a way that feels right with the Android side might not be.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Exophase wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:And would that be trivial or deceptively complex to implement?
The interface on the DS side is simple, but trying to get all the timing and whatever to match up in a way that feels right with the Android side might not be.
I remembered that I have an N64 emulator on my phone (Play N64, which, for some reason, was removed from the Play Store soon after I downloaded it) that can emulate a Rumble Pak, making my phone vibrate whenever a real Rumble Pak would.
I have no idea how that works, but we could probably reverse-engineer that for DraStic.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:35 am

ericbazinga wrote:I remembered that I have an N64 emulator on my phone (Play N64, which, for some reason, was removed from the Play Store soon after I downloaded it) that can emulate a Rumble Pak, making my phone vibrate whenever a real Rumble Pak would.
I have no idea how that works, but we could probably reverse-engineer that for DraStic.
If your talking about N64 Player by Brad something or other it was removed over a whole false dmca (by brad towards Mupen64) while at the same time copying mupen and adding extra permissions, ads, and a paid version, also maybe some improvements (though mupen ran faster).

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 am

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I remembered that I have an N64 emulator on my phone (Play N64, which, for some reason, was removed from the Play Store soon after I downloaded it) that can emulate a Rumble Pak, making my phone vibrate whenever a real Rumble Pak would.
If your talking about N64 Player by Brad something or other it was removed over a whole false dmca (by brad towards Mupen64) while at the same time copying mupen and adding extra permissions, ads, and a paid version, also maybe some improvements (though mupen ran faster).
I ended up replacing my N64 emulator with mupen 64, yeah it does run faster. BTW mupen can do that Rumble Pak thing too

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:40 am

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:
I ended up replacing my N64 emulator with mupen 64, yeah it does run faster. BTW mupen can do that Rumble Pak thing too
N64oid was pretty fast too but it has not been updated for a very long time. The clones of mupen64plus with ads on the play store is annoying

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:28 am

kaikun97 wrote:N64oid was pretty fast too but it has not been updated for a very long time. The clones of mupen64plus with ads on the play store is annoying
And so do adware clones of pretty much every single open source emulator out there. I'm all for OSS, but a big bane with it would be those who take the code wholesale and sell an unauthorised fork of it. MAME/MESS tried to curb this practise through the use of a custom licence, but even that didn't cut it.