Possible Method to Help Developers With Wi-Fi Implementation

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Huzaif
Possible Method to Help Developers With Wi-Fi Implementation

Post by Huzaif » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi, my name is Huzaif and I am here to present a possible method that could potentially allow for interaction between devices through Wi-Fi. I was able to connect with my friend using the MyBoy Emulator through Wi-Fi with a distance of forty miles. (Had minor lag upon initial connection, however, reduced as we progressed our use.) Essentially this method creates a mini server for your device through your router and allows for a client, or in this case another devices, to connect by giving them an option to connect with the hosts external IP address. I believe that this method could be the beginning of the creation a working Wi-Fi network for the DraStic Emulator.

Here is the album showing how to use Wi-Fi on the MyBoy emulator, Hopefully the developers of this application could implement a similar feature. http://imgur.com/a/soj5h

Jay Haru

Re: Possible Method to Help Developers With Wi-Fi Implementa

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Huzaif wrote:Hi, my name is Huzaif and I am here to present a possible method that could potentially allow for interaction between devices through Wi-Fi. I was able to connect with my friend using the MyBoy Emulator through Wi-Fi with a distance of forty miles. (Had minor lag upon initial connection, however, reduced as we progressed our use.) Essentially this method creates a mini server for your device through your router and allows for a client, or in this case another devices, to connect by giving them an option to connect with the hosts external IP address. I believe that this method could be the beginning of the creation a working Wi-Fi network for the DraStic Emulator.

Here is the album showing how to use Wi-Fi on the MyBoy emulator, Hopefully the developers of this application could implement a similar feature. http://imgur.com/a/soj5h
The issue here is that the myboy app added the wifi while drastic needs to emulate it. It may or may be difficult based on that simple difference and lags may make games unplyable.
Behold my mighty