Some Questions and a bit of a review on the emu

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Subwavion
Some Questions and a bit of a review on the emu

Post by Subwavion » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi can i have a few questions on this emu

1. How on earth does AP on Pokemon games aint screwing the games last time i played ss on desmume it froze and i heard others had graphic corruptions while the white version had the exp bug where you didnt received exp... so hows that lol?

2. Why is the emu so fast i mean cmon my monster pc couldnt run games that fast on desmume while a new emu on a phone with half of my pcs specs can run games full speed and with less bugs and games even look better if im not wrong and forgetting things lol?

3. Is the the latest stable full version the build 50 on google play? and the beta build 52?

Big Story ahead you may skip it xD

Im a big emu and handheld gaming fan i always liked emus because you can play multiple platform titles on 1 device + have all the extra new options to make gaming better and playing games on small devices was one of the best ways to play a game for me
I never played the DS pokemon series except Diamond because i was waiting desmume to be perfected and get wifi too while constantly seeing devs bashing the pokemon series and until one day my pc broke...
Decided to buy an android phone cause i was hearing how revolutionary the OS and phones are and you can do anything on them xD
My phone was a x8 so i could not play arm 7 games but i found that theres a gba emulator called gameboid and to my surprise i ran pokemon emerald and it was playing at full speed... so i decided to return to the gba scene and went to pc forums to check for hacks and found that there were many good hacks available so i played most of them, followed them for updates even helped with beta testing
Then my boy got released but sadly it didnt ran at full speed unlike gameboid and it was a shame cause the emu was like what desmume is to nocashgba xD
Desmume had always great compatibility and better graphics while nocashgba had the speed
And my boy had multiplayer too unlike gameboid :(
The gba was great on android but i wondered if ds was possible to be emulated so i searched for any info on ds emulators but only found 2 low rated emus with negative reviews about low speed and couldnt even run them on my phone
Still it was good that such emus even exist cause i never even imagined that this could happen cause even pc emus werent perfect lol and maybe after many years a good ds emu could be released for android
Only one day to be visiting ngemu and emucr to check news on emulators and see news on a new ds emu called drastic which is very fast and can run most games full speed... wtf i thought that moment and checked reviews and info on the emu and many people gave very good reviews and i saw that pokemon games ran full speed on some medium end devices of that year
But it was arm 7 lol so i got sad that i couldnt run the emu so i continued playing my gba hacks while following the emus updates to see the changes made to it
Until when 1 month ago i decided to finally buy a new phone and i got this LG 1.2 ghz dual core cpu 512 mb ram with kitkat which was two times faster than my old xperia
I tried many android hd games like gta san andreas which run almost all at full speed which is impresive
Then i tried emus while my boy runs full speed ppsspp runs very faster than my old phone but still many games like my favorite tekken lag without frameskip or speed hacks
So it was time to try drasic and either be surprised or dissapointed
Pokemon Platinum... runs full speed with linear filter on and no frameskip... *shocked*
SoulSilver... runs full speed too same settings!!! i think even desmume on my quad core 2.4 ghz pc was running slower on the outside areas unlike this emu
Ok so i test white next and im sure this one has to lag but... full speed at battles or the oitside world... wow
The menu screen and some 3d heavy scenes lag a bit but it doesnt affect gameplay much as the main game runs full speed without that crappy frameskip option (always hated frameskip no matter which emu or app)
Then i tried to run black 2 but got a not enough internal storage space error and after rooting my phone and tuning some things i got it to run... full speeds on battles and outside world again and a bit of lag in heavy 3d scenes like with the black 1 version but i think the menu start screen with the legendary pokemon lagged a bit worse than black 1
So idk how you did what you did but im very grateful to you some years ago if you would talk about ds emulation on phones people would laugh at you but here i am now playing heavy 3d games at full speed on a low end device with good graphics quality, great sound quality, so many options to modify the position of screens and no bugs caused by AP protection
Also the controls are very good and its easy to play with the virtual buttons and touch screen combo
And while i dont play with cheats i liked the cheats menu on this emu each game got its own cheats menu with tons of different cheats ready to be used with 1 click so we i can have a little extra fun by testing cheats (that play as a darkrai or red gyarados on soulsilver is badass btw xD)
Even my ex favorite emu desmume couldnt do this on my ex favorite OS windows :D
Btw i heard wifi service ended so idk what kind of multiplayer can be brought on this emu but i saw that some people made custom servers so i guess one say we may get wifi with custom servers or atleast be able to battle or trade with other drastic users with bluetooth or high end devices could open two games at once and link in one device like the my boy emu
Anyway i will buy the full version soon i got 4.50$ online money thanks to making money with ads with a non scam app i use and soon i will get my second 10$ gift card and i will buy this emu just to support devs for the amazing work they did and also to able to test the beta versions xD
For now i will stick with a pirated release of the latest version JUST to test things i got no intention to do a normal playthrough on a bugged broken release (according to the devs, but i havent noticed anything wrong on my pirated copy with a modded gooflgle play so idk how on earth others who use pirated copies run into weird problems lol ) as i play only once and want a perfect experience
Sorry for this devs but the demo version aint the best option to test all things out

AND AGAIN A BIG TY TO DEVS I CAN FINALLY CONTINUE MY POKEMON EXPERIENCE FROM WHERE I LEFT... DIAMOND LOL
Got Platinum, SoulSilver, Black 1&2 to play and i got no idea what to expect from those games since i only tested them 30 min on emus to see if they run and well i may played diamond but it was years ago so platinum will feel flesh plus i got the distortion world to explore this time and i might have played gold and silver on gbc but ss and hg are good looking remakes with new events and lots of changes
And black and 2 must be completely new fresh experiences cause i never played them and i think bw 2 is a lot different compared to 1 unlike what diamond and pearl are to platinum if im not wrong xD
Plus got to learn and experience all the new gen mechanics which im not that much familiar to
Cant wait to buy the emu maybe a new version will be out by then
Last edited by Subwavion on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo is Pokemon

huckleberrypie

Re: Some Questions and a bit of a review on the emu

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:56 pm

I think the main reason why the desmume devs hated Pokemon like the plague was because fanboys of the series who used their emu for the sole purpose of watching Mudkips fly off the screen kept on begging and whining at the developers to fix their games.

Subwavion

Post by Subwavion » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 am

Most users of ds emus use them for pokemon since a emu like drastic that was recently released (compared to a very old emu like desmume) can play them without those problems im sure a big emu on such a platform like windows would require a few minutes to fix the games
Instead of keep repeating "we do not support pokemon games" 50 times a day they could have used this time to fix them
I mean seriously dont they know that 80% or more (more like 99%) of the people who are gonna use their emu are going to play atleast one of the many pokemon games
Tbh not only ds but gbc, gba and 3ds was always about pokemon those titles are what made the consoles so popular and whenever i see talk about any of those systems somebody always mentions pokemon...
Nintendo is Pokemon

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 am

Subwavion wrote:Most users of ds emus use them for pokemon since a emu like drastic that was recently released (compared to a very old emu like desmume) can play them without those problems im sure a big emu on such a platform like windows would require a few minutes to fix the games
Instead of keep repeating "we do not support pokemon games" 50 times a day they could have used this time to fix them
I mean seriously dont they know that 80% or more (more like 99%) of the people who are gonna use their emu are going to play atleast one of the many pokemon games
Tbh not only ds but gbc, gba and 3ds was always about pokemon those titles are what made the consoles so popular and whenever i see talk about any of those systems somebody always mentions pokemon...
this is why i dont like pokemon fans. they justify their 'fix it now' cries with 'the emu is only popular coz pokemon'. first and foremost the ds is not a pokemon console, its a nintendo console believe it or not! the emu devs are same with this, the emu is for emulating the ds console not a goddamn pokemon emulator!

also, dont spout nonsense like 80% or 99% of the base are pokefans without any data. youre just speculating as pokemon is a popular game for the console.

besides, if the so called pokefans want to play pokemon badly, then support the company that makes them and buy the ds and the cart. obviously if one uses an emu its most likely they just downloaded the roms somewhere (a few exceptions of course) so i dont really think anyone has the rights to demand anything on the devs.

emulators are most certainly for educational and bragging rights purposes (my own opinion) and whether the dev asks for payment or not, a buyer must alwAYS remomber that an emu will not be 100% perfect.
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:58 am

Imo it's more of a matter of annoyance and jadedness with Pokemon fans than other things, although yes they should've at least take a look at the games for the sake of completion and documentation (besides that they're aiming for accuracy, at least at a reasonable level), as there might be anything that affects a certain PKMN game which may also apply on a seemingly unrelated title, i.e. timing or drawing problems. It ain't no picnic, but fixing at least some of the bugs would probably make them fanboys shut up, if not cool down a bit on their whining.

That being said, there's more to the DS (or Nintendo in general) than just Pikachu, Mario and Mudkips, and partly the reason why I send bug reports for children's games is to throw a satirical jab at fans of the aforementioned series. Besides, as I said above, addressing issues isn't trivial, more so for a fairly complex game. It's something these diehard Ash Ketchum wannabes fail to realise.

Subwavion

Post by Subwavion » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm

I dont post non sence ds is pokemon like it or not if you dont admit it your a hypocrite and talking about roms... lol dumping a rom aint the easiest thing in the world cause you need the right tools for it and not many people can get all the things needed very easy and i dont expect anybody to be so dumb to get in so much trouble to dump a rom since you are going to play it on a emulator anyway so if you want to consider yourself a "good guy who buys legal games and bla bla bs" go play on a real ds
And lol emus are for educational or bragging right purposes?
You must belong to the 1% anti pokemon fan club along with zeromus or are you a PETA member? :D

REAL FACTS
1. Most popular title on nintendo emus: Pokemon
2. 1 billion illegal rom downloads if not more (nintendo roms)... And "legal" dumped roms: 10000? which most of them were scene releases so since they own the games and dumped them this means they are legal right? lolol

Just think how much money drastic emu made because of pokemon fans
I dont think that many people would pay money for most other titles except yugioh, digimon, zelda and mario games (never been a fan of the last two btw)

Anyway can somebody tell the build number of the latest beta and the build number of the full stable version on google store nobody answered this question instead they spend time on bashing pokemon fans and games and try to convince themselves that pokemon havent nothing to do with the success of nintendo systems and emus
Nintendo is Pokemon

umbra

Post by umbra » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:45 pm

The main fact is yes, most of the people that I know have bought your emulator just for have the chance to play Pokemon once in awhile, and I talking about my friends, grown people, most of them working in companies like Deloitte, KPMG, Myself, I am a financial advisor of EY, and I have to say that I love your App, one of the best of Google Play.

So, keep with the good work. One more thing, for the next update, can you guys add a joystick, please :D

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Subwavion wrote:I dont post non sence ds is pokemon like it or not if you dont admit it your a hypocrite and talking about roms... lol dumping a rom aint the easiest thing in the world cause you need the right tools for it and not many people can get all the things needed very easy and i dont expect anybody to be so dumb to get in so much trouble to dump a rom since you are going to play it on a emulator anyway so if you want to consider yourself a "good guy who buys legal games and bla bla bs" go play on a real ds
And lol emus are for educational or bragging right purposes?
You must belong to the 1% anti pokemon fan club along with zeromus or are you a PETA member? :D

REAL FACTS
1. Most popular title on nintendo emus: Pokemon
2. 1 billion illegal rom downloads if not more (nintendo roms)... And "legal" dumped roms: 10000? which most of them were scene releases so since they own the games and dumped them this means they are legal right? lolol

Just think how much money drastic emu made because of pokemon fans
I dont think that many people would pay money for most other titles except yugioh, digimon, zelda and mario games (never been a fan of the last two btw)

Anyway can somebody tell the build number of the latest beta and the build number of the full stable version on google store nobody answered this question instead they spend time on bashing pokemon fans and games and try to convince themselves that pokemon havent nothing to do with the success of nintendo systems and emus
I will agree that pokemon is popular, what I won't agree is that its made for pokemon as only a die hard fan who would say such nonsense.
Again, your 'facts' are more like exagerated claims. And no, I'm also just a gamer and I played pokemon but not to the extent that I act like you. No need to be some nutjob from peta.
Also, I only bash so called fans that think they have the rights to bully the devs which incidentally are mostly pokefans. these are the same people that pirate the app and the games but cant even save using ingame or complain excessively about cheats, if you got hurt then thats not my problem.

Also, we are not deluded like you, we know how successful pokemon franchise is, what we dont agree is that the ds is made for pokemon. Ppsspp, epsxe and non nintendo emus are great even without pokemon. Heck, n64 was popular coz of the zelda franchise instead of pokemon. Point is no matter how successful a game is, the platform should not be tied on it. If there is an issue that needs to be addressed wether if its from pokemon or not we will look into it but not to the point where its only about pokemon and every little thing where we already provided solutions and alternatives or reasons why we can't do it yet.

Lastly, you can easily answer the concern of latest build (stable or beta) once you own a legal copy of the app.
Behold my mighty

Subwavion

Post by Subwavion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 am

Never been a fan of cheats, rng, pokesav and even save states i avoid those like the plague a pure non cheating non hacking playthrough is my kind of thing
My problem with desmume was the constant hate on pokemon forget the ap bugs at some point they didnt even fix bugs caused by the emu other games had ap too or normal bugs but didnt get that kind of treatment
But i guess thats cause the app is free im sure if it was not free they would fix and perfect pokemon games within a day... look the great support from Exophase hes a guy who knows how to do business
Illegal copy of the rom:
Well its a copy of the game without any edits and while it takes 5 min to get a 512 mb rom it is illegal but really who cares i got one life to live and rather be happy by breaking small rules like this than avoid pirate releases just to feel like a righteous guy lol
And like i said dumping a rom where i live is a pain in the ass if i could go to a store and have roms dumped in my phone in a legal way id pay the 50$ or whatever the price it is
As for the emu i never been a fan of online purchases so my recently made paypal got a big zero on the account but atleast i made 5$ in less in a month with advertising so i most likely will buy a 10$ google play gift card just to buy this emu
Again if i could buy the emu with the classic cash in the hand way in some store i wouldnt mind paying even the real ds price which would be 150$ now if im not wrong
Anyway after some bad research i guess the stable build is 50 while beta 52 xD
Instead of being a pain in the ass and a smartass you could take 15 seconds to help me with a simple question
Oh well "you dont support devs so we cant support you"
Are you even a part of the team or a forum guy with a big post count

And psp = sony not nintendo we wont see any title on a playstation system
N64? Pokemon Stadium had cool ps2 like graphics but was short and not a rpg game like the main series so ofc other titles would be more popular
And i dont like all pokemon related games just the main versions (Red to Y and X) and the mystery dungeon series... rest are not even worth a free download
Last edited by Subwavion on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo is Pokemon

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:17 am

Subwavion wrote:Never been a fan of cheats, rng, pokesav and even save states i avoid those like the plague a pure non cheating non hacking playthrough is my kind of thing
Illegal copy of the rom:
Well its a copy of the game without any edits and while it takes 5 min to get a 512 mb rom it is illegal but really who cares i got one life to live and rather be happy by breaking small rules like this than avoid pirate releases just to feel like a righteous guy lol
And like i said dumping a rom where i live is a pain in the ass if i could go to a store and have roms dumped in my phone in a legal way id pay the 50$ or whatever the price it is
As for the emu i never been a fan of online purchases so my recently made paypal got a big zero on the account but atleast i made 5$ in less in a month with advertising so i most likely will buy a 10$ google play gift card just to buy this emu
Again if i could buy the emu with the classic cash in the hand way in some store i wouldnt mind paying even the real ds price which would be 150$ now if im not wrong
Anyway after some bad research i guess the stable build is 50 while beta 52 xD
Instead of being a pain in the ass and a smartass you could take 15 seconds to help me with a simple question
Oh well "you dont support devs so we cant support you"
Are you even a part of the team or a forum guy with a big post count

And psp = sony not nintendo we wont see any title on a playstation system
N64? Pokemon Stadium had cool ps2 like graphics but was short and not a rpg game like the main series so ofc other titles would be more popular
And i dont like all pokemon related games just the main versions (Red to Y and X) and the mystery dungeon series... rest are not even worth a free download
well, you can always find out, but yeah let me be the guy with the most postcount.
Behold my mighty