Could we maybe get a second portrait global layout?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Karilyn
Could we maybe get a second portrait global layout?

Post by Karilyn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:21 am

Right now there are 4 global layouts for horizontal mode, and only one for portrait mode. I use two different portrait layouts for games; the current default, and another one with a big top screen and a smaller bottom screen, akin to the 3DS or that one landscape layout for DraStic. I find the latter is good for games which have a near 50/50 split of touchpad and button controls, so you can have the buttons not overlap the bottom screen while still having the bottom screen large enough for inputs.

As of now, because there is only one portrait global layout I have to set it up again for every new game :(

That would be awesome if possible.

EDIT: Actually it might be simpler and more generally purpose useful if there was the option to save a layout as a new global layout, instead of only as one of the existing presets, or specifically for one game. That way you could use the same custom layout in 2-3 different games without having to set it up again. Essentially add a "Save As Custom Layout" and "Load Custom layout" to the Menu button in the Custom Screens setup screen. Probably could hijack portions of the code for save/load savestate buttons, but I'm not a programmer so what do I know?

HiroTDK

Re: Could we maybe get a second portrait global layout?

Post by HiroTDK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 am

Hell, I'd kill for one that doesn't lock rotation. I find it odd that that's even necessary when there's an option to turn auto-rotation off.