DraStic Store?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ericbazinga
Re: DraStic Store?

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:50 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu
I was looking around the webserver, and apparently the site is called "Kawaii Town" and is a section of a larger site called "Nerdistan".
Kawaii Town doesn't really sound like a storefront for DS homebrew. Could you change it? I came up with another name for it: "Brewsburg".
Kawaii town is my fictional town in my friend's fictional state nerdistan. The downloads etc will be in a completely different part of the site. As I said this is my web server in general, I have all sorts on it :P. Likely I'll get my friend to do brew.byteturtle.eu for that section. it'll go to kai.byteturtle.eu/brew
Oh. Ok then
But do you like "Brewsburg" as the site name or did you come up with something better? Just wondering

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:52 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:my web server is up and running at kai.byteturtle.eu
I was looking around the webserver, and apparently the site is called "Kawaii Town" and is a section of a larger site called "Nerdistan".
Kawaii Town doesn't really sound like a storefront for DS homebrew. Could you change it? I came up with another name for it: "Brewsburg".

Kawaii town is my fictional town in my friend's fictional state nerdistan. The downloads etc will be in a completely different part of the site. As I said this is my web server in general, I have all sorts on it :P. Likely I'll get my friend to do brew.byteturtle.eu for that section. it'll go to kai.byteturtle.eu/brew
Oh. Ok then
But do you like "Brewsburg" as the site name or did you come up with something better? Just wondering
For that section, Brewsburg sounds good. I cant think of anything better

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:44 pm

So I got bored and decided i'd go look at the Brewsburg site so far.
When I got there, it said I didn't have permission to view that content.
What's going on there? Just wondering
Attachments
2015-08-30-21-45-03.jpg
2015-08-30-21-45-03.jpg (62.21KiB)Viewed 10655 times

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:53 am

ericbazinga wrote:So I got bored and decided i'd go look at the Brewsburg site so far.
When I got there, it said I didn't have permission to view that content.
What's going on there? Just wondering
Its not been set as accessible yet as I havnt set all the files to 755 Permissions (File server doesnt do that by default. Ill do it once I get the main homepage for brewsburg sorted, its based off bootstrap and fontawesome so it'll look decent

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:49 pm

kaikun97 wrote:Ill do it once I get the main homepage for brewsburg sorted, its based off bootstrap and fontawesome so it'll look decent
Is the homepage done? I'd really love to see it
Also I can add some 3DS homebrew to the database if you want.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 am

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:Ill do it once I get the main homepage for brewsburg sorted, its based off bootstrap and fontawesome so it'll look decent
sorry things are a bit slow, trying to get a app for it done myself too lol, not the best at java xD

My said font-awesome is not a good framework to base a site on so I need to try something like bootstrap

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
sorry things are a bit slow, trying to get a app for it done myself too lol, not the best at java xD

My said font-awesome is not a good framework to base a site on so I need to try something like bootstrap
Hey it's been awhile, any progress?
Also I don't think it would be a good idea to limit the app to DS homebrew. We should add other systems to the database. I'll get on it as soon as possible. (Speaking of the database, can you download the DS homebrew to an external hard drive or something? The roms are taking up too much space on my Google Drive)

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 am

Im sorry I dont always have the time to do this. Ill do this at some point dont worry, The main issue is that I want to do an App since it makes more sense, but my friend who does Android app dev is doing studies all the time so I need to see if some of my other friends can do it because I dont know Java or C++. And yes I have the database downloaded to my PC

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 pm

kaikun97 wrote:Im sorry I dont always have the time to do this. Ill do this at some point dont worry, The main issue is that I want to do an App since it makes more sense, but my friend who does Android app dev is doing studies all the time so I need to see if some of my other friends can do it because I dont know Java or C++. And yes I have the database downloaded to my PC
I get it, I don't usually have much free time either (or at least big chunks of it), so thank god for emulators. And i'm also taking online classes on Java and HTML, so by the time i'm done with that I can help with the code, as well as the website.
Let me know when you get around to doing the app, and i'll help.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:05 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:Im sorry I dont always have the time to do this. Ill do this at some point dont worry, The main issue is that I want to do an App since it makes more sense, but my friend who does Android app dev is doing studies all the time so I need to see if some of my other friends can do it because I dont know Java or C++. And yes I have the database downloaded to my PC
I get it, I don't usually have much free time either (or at least big chunks of it), so thank god for emulators. And i'm also taking online classes on Java and HTML, so by the time i'm done with that I can help with the code, as well as the website.
Let me know when you get around to doing the app, and i'll help.
I ditched the website as I couldnt find a good way to do it. Its best to do an app first