Using save states between multiple devices

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Enigmatic
Using save states between multiple devices

Post by Enigmatic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 am

Hey, so I just recently bought this app (first app I've ever bought on the google store I think, usually I just use free apps or just do without them but this one I just really enjoyed the demo of and had felt it was good quality) and it's running pretty good and all but I have 2 devices I use. Pretty much one at home and one out on the road if you will. I'm trying to figure out how to use the same save state between both so I can pick up where I left of when switching devices. I read something about Google drive but this is another app I have not used before so a bit of help would be appreciated. Thanks

dsk001

Re: Using save states between multiple devices

Post by dsk001 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 pm

It can be done but it is not automatic.
When you are done playing on one device go into the menu and select manage savestate.
Tap the latest save and there is an option to upload to google drive.
when you are ready to play on the second device you go to manage savestate tap on the google drive icon on the top right corner when the saves have been updated select the new save and the download from google drive.
Then play and you are back to where you were before.

Enigmatic

Post by Enigmatic » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 am

Ok thanks, I will try that.

Enigmatic

Post by Enigmatic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:08 pm

I tried what you said and that didn't work, I click on the save and then upload to google drive and a pop up comes up saying "uploading to google drive" for about second or so. Then I go on my other device and go to manage savestates and click the google icon drive icon and once again for a second it says "updating available states from google drive" and then it says at the bottom 0 saves found.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Please check if the saves are actually on your Google Drive, in a folder named 'DraStic'. If the folder doesn't exist, create it manually and try to upload again.

Enigmatic

Post by Enigmatic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks that seems to have worked, I don't know if that is posted anywhere else but it's a simple solution for a problem others might have as well.

mwal

Post by mwal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Nice one!

I had exactly the same problem, and creating the dir solved it.

Something to add to the Google Drive Settings page, I would have thought.